Friday, October 8, 2010

A wealth of information about PTSD, please read about Michael Orban

I have a new connection for you to consider. I have spoken with Mr. Orban and understand his philosophy and approach to helping Veterans. Fundamentally, as a combat infantryman of the Vietnam era, he has the ability to speak our language. I am not promoting his individual work as I have yet to read it or listen to a complete radio broadcast. I'm simply asking that as a Veteran or family member of a Vet, you leverage all the resources available. The links alone from Mr. Orban's home page will enable you to learn much more than you've ever known about combat-induced PTSD.

PTSD has been debilitating for me and I currently have no end in sight. What is important to note here though is that I feel less alone about my suffering. There is something to say for a shared suffering, a shared sacrifice. Recently, Mr. Orban's web radio broadcast focused on the high rate of suicide among Veterans and especially Combat Vets. It is simply worth looking at.

After speaking with him, I immediately sensed brotherhood and comradery. This is one of the elements that has been missing in my life since I came home from Iraq. Please take the time to do the research. Contact me individually if there is any way I can help. Thank you and God Bless our troops!
Sam

Home page for more information about Michael Orban

No comments:

Post a Comment