Saturday, January 15, 2011

"Service and Sacrifice" book release pending and Rear-Jacket Text

To all my Comrades, friends and supporters,
I wanted to follow up my post from the Union League event Thursday night with some news from my publisher, Xlibris. The manuscript is due back to me from copy-editing by January 24th. I expect a quick turn around and I'll be sending it back for type setting. I'm hoping to have a release date in the first week of February. This is a very exciting time!

In order to keep up the energy, I wanted to put the hook out there for you all to read in advance. Below is the approved Rear-Jacket Text. Every book that sells will generate money for charity! We are going to help Veterans suffering from PTS and MTBI and their families! Please forward this blog site to your friends and choose "Follow" so you'll receive updates. I'd love to hear your feedback on this text and if you have any charitable donation ideas.

Sam


            This is a gripping story of men in combat… Army National Guard Lieutenant Sam Console, a platoon leader in Charlie Company, 103rd Engineers and his men were mobilized in 2004 by the 28th Infantry Division. This intrepid and brave group of combat engineers discovered, defused (and) destroyed IEDs, saving countless lives of the US Armed Forces, Iraqi military and civilians… 1st Lt. Console graphically explains the effects of Traumatic Brain Injury and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (TBI and PTSD)… This story will explain the great inner strength among the men of this company that developed in the crucible of combat. MAJOR GENERAL WESLEY E. CRAIG JR. (Retired)
            My research leverages narrative approaches to foster healing and reconnection for Veterans. I met Sam through a presentation of my work titled “Wounded Warriors and the Healing Power of Stories.” “Service and Sacrifice” continues the tradition of healing through writing. This book will help Veteran’s families understand what they faced overseas and how it affects them now. I believe it is important for all civilians to read works such as Sam’s to better understand the experiences of combat. Veterans are our co-workers, family, friends, and neighbors. Sam’s resource guide will help our Veterans, their families, and caregivers begin the process of their own healing journey. Simply put, there is something in this fine book for everyone.  Gala True, PhD, Core Investigator, Center for Health Equity Research and Promotion (CHERP), Philadelphia VA Medical Center
            Service and sacrifice defines the willingness of a people to volunteer during a time of need. Thousands have made the ultimate sacrifice.  Many more were injured or changed forever. Writing about Iraq has been healing for me. I’m positive it will be healing for others. Samuel J. Console, 1st Lt., Combat Engineers, Pennsylvania Army National Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment