Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day 2010


It is time again to honor the Service and Sacrifice of our Veterans, their families, and all who support our military efforts around the world. I wanted to honor two men who became family for me while I was in Iraq. They were both assasinated about a month after my tour was over. Safaa and Jack were a father and son interpreter team that supported me in the Bayji Civil Military Office. Every day they assumed the danger of entering our post to work and support coalition efforts to win the hearts and minds of the Iraqi citizens. Both went on patrol with me and so I claim they took great risk to make sure my missions were successful. I have no way of contacting their family now that they are gone. I miss them.
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Sergeant First Class David Broderick, a former Task Force Dragoon Platoon Sergeant who is now serving in Afghanistan for his continued efforts to make sure his troops are trained and remain safe during their combat tour. God Bless you David and please stay safe and bring all your troops home.
A final note, I would like to honor Master Sergeant Scott Ball who was 38 years old/ Born in Mount Holly Springs, Pa.; assigned to the 55th Brigade, Pennsylvania Army National Guard, Scranton, Pa.; died Aug. 27 at Forward Operating Base Naray, Afghanistan, from wounds sustained when insurgents attacked his unit during combat operations in Jalalabad, Afghanistan. Also killed were Maj. Henry S. Ofeciar and Sgt. Jan M. Argonish. God Bless Scott's family and the families of the fallen.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment