Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Next Steps

Greetings! I've returned safely from Japan and a much needed rest-bit. While away I had plenty of time to organize, update and expand the manuscript text. I've linked in and captioned the best digital photos from the Task Force Dragoon deployment. I have a complete print in-hand and am prepared to drop it off with my editor. She will need a week or two to mark up the work and get it back to me. Once these key professional editorial comments are incorporated, the manuscript will be sent to the publisher.

Xlibris has promised a 90-day turn around from manuscript receipt to publishing. I'm not sure if I'll be able to accept advance orders, but will be happy to announce this answer in the mid-November update. Please remember this work is being published to educate Veterans, their families, and the general public regarding key deployment and reintegration issues. It is in the greatest sense I can make it, a not-for-profit endeavor. However, I am not a chartered charitable organization. Therefore, the contributors to the work and I will be selecting a few worthy Philadelphia region certified 501 (c) 3 organizations to donate the lions share of the profits to. So, keep that in mind.

On October 25th, the first day back to work for my wife and I after Japan, our home was burglarized. The thieves took nearly everything of value including my primary laptop computer. Thankfully, I had saved a copy of the manuscript and supporting files to a back up machine. This blessing considered, I haven't been able to focus extensively on the work in the last week plus. Wish me the best pulling the final tasks together so I can share a publishing date with you all very soon! God Bless and as always, my prayers are with all of our military service members wherever they are in the world tonight.

Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment