Friday, December 10, 2010

Edits, edits, and more edits

I was surprised to note I haven't posted here since November 23rd. My goal starting out last February was to post at least one story or reference per week. Now I realize that just isn't possible for me. I suppose we're all just doing the best we can.
I have been deeply immersed in the process of incorporating comments from a professional manuscript editor. I've reached page 180 of over 230 as of today! It is amazing to see so many grammatical and conceptual mistakes. This was a great investment. The flow and impact of each chapter has improved. I'm enjoying this work instead of considering it criticism. That is a big change for me.
The new goal is to send the manuscript to Xlibris (the publisher) in the next two weeks. Pray for me folks, because this is taking everything I've got right now. I'm home on leave from work because my VA medicines got all out of whack. I wasn't sleeping and have just now begun to get some decent rest.
I've heard some great feedback related to this blog and other social media groups I belong to.
Finally, I wanted to share a link I found today. I have no idea how long this site has been up, but I already found a relevant article. Please take a look at it.
Happy Holidays everyone, and please pray for our troops and their families wherever they are around the world! God Bless,
Sam

< Click to jump to the Real Warrior web site>

To read the article about reconnecting with your teenage children:

No comments:

Post a Comment